Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'm sure you all know this gal by now, and I'm very surprised it's taken me this long to make a post about her...but can I just say, Yokoo? Girl u are where it's at in this giant trash hole we call Earth. If you have been averting your eyes from the internet for the last five years, Yokoo is an Etsy scarf seller turned gabilljionaire thanks to her incredibly creative take on the classic knit scarf. I love love LOVE people like Yoko who take something classic and change a minor ingredient and make it a brand new, wonderful thing. Here are just a few of her original designs, which she models herself - not because she's vain, but because it's easier for her to get it exactly the way she wants it. Girl, I feel you.









It would be in your best interest to read this interview she did with Vice...a highlight includes:

"And that’s not a teeny-tiny bit neat-freakish?
I’m not a crazy person. I just like what I like. There could be a couple sweaters on the couch, for example, but to have dust on the floor is just not appropriate."


All photos courtesy of Yokoo's Flickr, buy her beautiful knits on her Etsy.




No comments: