Thursday, February 10, 2011

EGGS

I really, really love eggs. I wanted scrambled eggs really bad this morning but we have no butter and I'm not the kind of girl who borrows butter if you know what I'm sayin.

 This post isn't about eggs, though. It's about Eggleston. William Eggleston,......... the photographer? Duh. He was a prominent artist in the 70s. He's known for legitamizing color photography as an art form, HOLLA (only my almost number one favorite form of art.)  He was born in Memphis and attended Vanderbilt at one point, so we're practically best friends. It was there that he received his first Leica. He taught at Harvard and dated one of the Andy Warhol sluts. Both equally important achievements. Alex Chilton liked him a lot (just look at the cover of Radio City or Like Flies on Sherbet.)

Are you tired of reading about him yet? Let's get to the freggin pictures, sheesh.










No comments: