Saturday, July 7, 2012

I don't know if you all have caught on to this yet or not, but I love flowers. As I get older, I'm noticing more and more how much joy flowers bring me. I'm a very sarcastic and blunt person (right now I have on a shirt that says "GO AWAY" really giant, for example) so naturally this isn't my proudest attribute. My friend once described me as an undercover girly girl. I have this image in my head of me in a zorro-esque masque, but with a pink floral print. Flower Girl - fighting crime with pretty things....wait where is this going? Anyway, I love flowers. I also love fashion. After sifting through the latest couture shows on Style.com, I came across Dior's show and these qualities about myself united. The set was plastered with literally millions of flowers, each room with a specific kind - delphiniums, orchids, mimosa. Why? This was Raf Simon's homage to the original courtier, who, like me, also had an obsession with flowers.


No comments: